High priority is given for student’s scholarships and financial aid since HUE is keen to attract the outstanding students regardless their socio- economic status. These scholarships are available for the following cases:
- Students with disabilities.
- Sons and daughters of martyrs and injured.
- Students who are unable to meet the university’s expenses.
- Students who live in border areas.
- Students achieving top grades.
- The rules and requirements of university grants should be announced.
- There are grants according to the requirements of both National and Private universities in 2017.
- The Board of Trustees provide grants with 5% - 100% discount for the socially struggling class.
- There are also grants for the outstanding students according to the total grade of High School.
- The Golden Batch grants that are provided especially for the fresh students of Horus University.
- After submitting the applications for the university grants, the university makes a survey for the students who deserve the grants according to the previously mentioned criteria and then the names of the students are announced.
Rules of Granting:
- The student should have graduated from the High School (Egyptian National School) in the same year of applying for the grants with a total grade that is suitable for the faculty which the student is applying for.
- If there is any Capabilities Test, the student should pass it in order to apply for the grants.
- Not applying for other national or private university.
- Taking into consideration the financial status of the student in order to be sure if he/she is able to afford the university expenses or not.
- The priority is always for the sons and daughters of both the Egyptian army and the Egyptian Police martyrs and those with special needs.
- There also some of the grants for the students from border governorates ( Marsa Matruh – North Sinai -South Sinai- El Wady Al Gadid-Aswan-El Bahr Alahmar)
- There are a number of grants for STEM schools outstanding graduates.
- After taking into consideration the previously mentioned rules, the priority always for the top-graded students.
Scholarships Required Documents :
- A copy of student ID.
- Social research that shows student’s socio-economic status.
- Certified statement proves that the applicant does not have an agricultural holding.
- In case of father pass away, the death certificate shall be attached
Scholarships Admission Steps :
- Applying the required documents at the announced time.
- Completing the social research at the Students Support Office (SSO) to prove the student’s socio-economic status.
- In the light of announced conditions for scholarships, HUE board of trustees examines the presented documents of applicants and chooses the accepted applicants in each faculty.