- Admission Requirement
- Admission Qualifications
- curriculum Rules
- Tuition Fees
- Contact Us
- Apply Online
HUE applies the announced rules and decisions of the Supreme Council for Private Universities concerning the new and transferred students.
Admission and Registration
HUE accepts all qualified students to join faculties according to their wishes and according to the minimum grade announced by the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and after getting approval from the Admission Office of the Supreme Council for Private Universities.
The Minimum Admission Grade for Egyptian Students :
The Minimum Admission Grade for Egyptian Students is:
The Faculty of Medicine: 95%, Faculty of Dentistry: 90 %, Faculty of Dentistry: 90 %, Faculty of Pharmacy: 90 %, Faculty of Physical Therapy: 90 %, The Faculty of Engineering :80%, and 70% for Both the Faculty of Applied Arts and the Faculty of Medical Applied Sciences.
The Minister of Higher Education stressed the need to provide all the required needs to have the largest number of the new comers according to Laws and Regulations. Also, one of the most important rules of admission and registration is having a 5 % of Places for the Non-Egyptian students.
The Minimum Admission Grade for Non- Egyptian Students :
The Minimum Admission Grade for Non- Egyptian Students is as follows; 65% for the faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Engineering, Computer Science and Bio-technology. Also, a 55 % is for Economics and Political Sciences, Languages and Translation, and Mass Communication.
Students who would like to join HUE must present the application form accompanied by the required certifications. The application form is available at the admission office inside the university and at the university website.
First New Students Requirements:
First: New Students
- Application form that is available at registration and admission office and at the university website.
- High school original certificate or equivalent one.
- For foreign certificates: supplying the original certification certified from the ministry of foreign Affairs.
- Six personal photographs with white-background.
- Certificate of birth (Computerized one).
- Egyptian male students should apply “2 Gond form from the recruitment region” and “6 Gond form from police station that follows his residence”.
- Non-Egyptian students should apply a copy of the ID (passport).
Second: Transferred Students
HUE accepted transferred students after studying an academic year (at least) at other universities. The admission required documents for transferred students are:
- Statement degrees approved by the ministry of higher education that shows the previous degrees and grades.
- Detailed course specification with the university seal for every passed syllabus.
- Abroad learned students must certify the statement degrees and the detailed course specification from the Egyptian Embassy.
First: Egyptian Students :
- Students must present their high school certificate or approved equivalent one.
- Students should pass the medical and physical tests, interview and English placement test.
Second: Non- Egyptian Students
- Students must present high school equivalent certificate certified from the Supreme Council for Egyptian Universities.
- Students must pass the medical and physical tests, interview and English placement test
Third: Students Enrolled in Egyptian or Foreign Universities
- Students must present Egyptian high school certificate or equivalent one certified from the Supreme Council for Egyptian Universities.
- Students must pass the medical and physical tests.
- Detailed course specification with the university seal for every passed syllabus for making scientific equivalent in order to equalize materials according to university followed rules.
- Students must encounter HUE graduation requirements and conditions.
Fourth: Holders of Higher Qualification :
HUE accepts students with bachelor degree in medicine, pharmacy and science (biology, physics or chemistry departments) under the following conditions:
- The applicant can apply at HUE University (up to 3 years) after graduation.
- The applicant minimum graduation grade must be (good).
- It is allowed for the faculty of dentistry council to make scientific equivalent in order to equalize passed courses. In that case, applicants do not have to register those passed courses.
According to faculty system and regulation that are accredited by the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities, a student gets bachelor degree if he/she completes the credit hours required for graduation.
All courses that the student registers are calculated in standard units called credit hours that equal 1 hour (1 academic lecture) per week for a semester, and equal 2 hours (2 practical or tutorial sections) per week for a semester.
Academic Semesters and Language
The academic year consists of 2 academic semesters (fall & spring semester).
each semester is 15 weeks followed by the final examination.
- If the student doesn’t complete the subjected credit hours during fall and spring semester.
- If the student got a failing grade in his/her courses, then he / she can register these courses during the summer semester.
- If the student desires to increase his/her GPA.
- If it helps the student to move and register for the next level.
- If the student desires to complete the graduation requirements..
- It is not allowed for students to register more than 8 credit hours during the summer semester.
The faculty council has the right to allow the registration for the students during the summer semester which is about 6 to 8 weeks followed by the final exam according to the following rules:
Official Academic Language
- English language is the academic study language in all faculties of Horus University.
Horus University has adopted the National Academic Reference Standards (NARS) as base for designing the university academic programs and courses that is issued by the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (NAQAAE) and that has modified in 2015.
Academic Credit Hours
The student is not allowed to register less or more than the specified credit hours each semester which are 12 credit hours.
The student who achieves 3.3 GPA or more can register extra 3 credit hours per semester in the elective courses after getting the approval of his/her academic guide and the faculty council.
The student who gets a CGPA that is less than 2 is not allowed to register more than 12 credit hours.
The maximum registration hours allowed during the summer semester is 8 credit hours.
According to the credit hours system, student evaluation is calculated as follows:
Grade Point Average (GPA
): It is the sum of points that the student gets each semester divided on the total hours that the student passes each semester.
Cumulative GPA (CGPA):
It is the sum of all courses scores that the student gets throughout all semesters divided by the total hours that the student passes along the semester.
• If the student failed one of the compulsory courses, he ⁄ she has to register it in order to pass that course after getting the approval of the academic guide.
إذا أعاد الطالب المقرر الذي رسب فيه وأنجزه بنجاح دون تكرار للرسوب في ذات المقرر فيحسب له تقدير النجاح بحد أقصي (+B). إذا تكرر رسوب الطالب في مقرر ما يكتفي باحتساب الرسوب مرة واحدة فقط في معدله التراكمي ولكن تسجل عدد المرات التي أدي فيها امتحان هذا المقرر في سجله الأكاديمي، ويحسب له تقدير النجاح بحد أقصي (C).
In case a student faces unexpected conditions that prevent him̸ her from setting for the final exam, then he / she has to file a petition included official excuse to the faculty dean to get in-complete grade.
In that case the student has to fill in an application and present the official requirement for passing that in-complete course that has to be before the beginning of the next semester.
The academic year consists of two semesters (15 weeks for each semester) in addition to the summer semester.
Students pay the tuition fees at the beginning of each semester.
As for the summer semester, Students pay the tuition fees according to the credit hours that students register.
High priority is given for student’s scholarships and financial aid since HUE is keen to attract the outstanding students regardless their socio- economic status. These scholarships are available for the following cases:
- Students with disabilities.
- Sons and daughters of martyrs and injured.
- Students who are unable to meet the university’s expenses.
- Students who live in border areas.
- Students achieving top grades.
Scholarships Required Documents :
- A copy of student ID.
- Social research that shows student’s socio-economic status.
- Certified statement proves that the applicant does not have an agricultural holding.
Scholarships Admission Steps :
- Applying the required documents at the announced time..
- Completing the social research at the Students Support Office (SSO) to prove the student’s socio-economic status.
- In the light of announced conditions for scholarships, HUE board of trustees examines the presented documents of applicants and chooses the accepted applicants in each faculty.
The Conditions for the Continued Scholarship :
- Students receiving scholarship will maintain their scholarship so long as they maintain the commitment to excellence. The students support office (SSO) is responsible for following up the students' academic level who receive scholarship to ensure their commitment to excellence.