The system of study in the scientific program of the bachelor degree provided by the faculty is managed through the following regulations of Credit hours system within the limits of one semester.
Credit Hours SystemCredit hour is an educational measuring unit that decides the value of each syllabus compared to other syllabuses and it is equal to one-hour lecture per week in a single semester and two practical or laboratory hours per week in a single semester.
- The Student must finish 182 credit hours divided on 5 levels:
- Level 1: 31 credit hours basic science.
- Level 2: 40 credit hours (37 credit hours compulsory + 3 credit hours optional university requirements).
- Level 3: 39 credit hours (35 credit hours compulsory + 4 credit hours optional specialized).
- Level 4: 37 credit hours (33 credit hours compulsory + 4 credit hours optional specialized).
- Level 5: 35 credit hours.
- The student must complete 5 credit hours of university requirement and 177 credit hours of faculty requirements (96 credit hour for medical & physical therapy science + 81 credit hours four specialized requirements)
The semesterThe semester's duration is 15 weeks .
The Academic YearIt falls into two major semesters each one is followed by a final exam and they are separated with the midyear vacation.
Summer SemesterIn limited cases, the faculty's council can arrange an intensified summer semester (third) that falls into 6-8 weeks including exams according to the following conditions:
This is done according to the following conditions:
- The student should not exceed the maximum limit of the academic load in either of the two semesters.
- The student's desire to restudy his/her failed courses.
- The student's desire to raise his/her grades in studied courses to improve the cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- If this registration permits a change in the student's case to move to the higher level.
- The student's completion of graduation requirements.
- The student should not be allowed to register in this semester for more than 8 credit hours.
Language of StudyEnglish language is the language of study in the faculty of physical therapy. However, some courses might be studied in Arabic language in agreement with teaching and students' affairs committee and the faculty council.
Study DurationThe study duration in the faculty is 5 academic years or five levels of study distributed on 10 major semesters beside a training practical year.