The system of study in the scientific program of the bachelor degree provided by the faculty is managed through the following regulations of Credit hours system within the limits of one semester.
Credit Hours SystemCredit hour is an educational measuring unit that decides the value of each syllabus compared to other syllabuses and it is equal to one-hour lecture per week in a single semester and two practical or laboratory hours per week in a single semester. Besides, there is a course period of summer field training of 5 hours per week for 10 weeks during summer vacations after level 13.
The semesterThe semester's duration is 15 weeks including the exams.
The Academic YearThe academic year falls in two main semesters known as level "level of study". The study program consists of 10 semester each one falls into 15 weeks including exams. Each semester is considered a separate level that ends with a final exam.The two semesters are separated with midyear vacation in January or as illustrated in the university council calendar.
Summer SemesterIn limited cases, the faculty's council can arrange an intensified summer semester (third) that falls into 6-8 weeks including exams as suggested by the faculty department's council and the faculty's various resources and abilities. The teaching hours dedicated for each course are multiplied with the condition that the maximum academic load is 9 hours.
This is done according to the following conditions:
- The student should not exceed the maximum limit of the academic load in either of the two semesters.
- The student's desire to restudy his/her failed courses.
- The student's desire to raise his/her grades in studied courses to improve the cumulative grade point average (CGPA). In the condition that this CGPA is less than (2).
- If this registration permits a change in the student's case to move to the higher level.
- The student's completion of graduation requirements.