Evaluation of the Student's academic Standing
The evaluation of the student's academic standing in all courses according to credit hours system in light of the grade in each course according to the following table
|A+||4.0||Excellent||93 or more|
|A||4.0||Excellent||90 to less than 93|
|A-||3.7||Excellent||86 to less than 90|
|B+||3.3||Very Good||83 to less than 86|
|B||3.0||Very Good||80 to less than 83|
|B-||2.7||Very Good||76 to less than 80|
|C+||2.3||Good||73 to less than 76|
|C||2.0||Good||70 to less than 73|
|C-||1.7||Good||66 to less than 70|
|D+||1.3||Acceptable||63 to less than 66|
|D||1.0||Acceptable||60 to less than 63|
|F||0||Fail||less than 60|
|S||-||Satisfactory||Represents satisfactory achievement (in the Field Training)|
|U||-||Unsatisfied||Represents Unsatisfactory (in the Field Training)|
|T||-||Transferred||indicates credits transferred from another institution|
|W||-||Withdrawn||student has officially withdrawn from a course prior to deadline|
|I||-||Incomplete||A temporary grade that indicates the requirement of a course has not been completed, due to extraordinary circumstances|
- The student's Grade Point Average (GPA) or the average of the points he gets at the end of each semester is calculated according to the following equation (the outcome is appropriated to the nearest two decimal numbers):-
- GPA=( total points of a semester × the number of his credit hours)/Total number of credit hours the student studied in the semester.
- The Cumulative GPA or CGPA is the average of points the student gets in all studied courses in all semesters. The CGPA calculated at the student's graduation is regarded as the student's general graduation grade and it is calculated at the end of the year according to the following equation (the outcome is appropriated to the nearest two decimal numbers):-
CGPA= (the total of the points of all studied courses × the number of their credit hours)/ Total number of credit hours of all courses the student studied
- In case of repeated failure in a certain course, it is considered just once in the student's CGPA.
- The summer field training is not counted in CGPA and it is graded as (S).
- The points the student gets in the courses studied in another university are not counted in the CGPA and they are graded as (T).
- The project is evaluated by the supervisor staff member within the limits of 50% and the project committee within the limit of 50%.If the student passes it with at least 60%, this is graded as (S) and it is not counted in CGPA.
- The minimum degree of passing a mandatory course is 60% (30% of the final written exam). The minimum degree of passing a mandatory course is 50%.